AlumiTubs wood-fired hot tubs are built to last a lifetime. They'll never leak, are made from locally sourced, 100% recyclable materials on the Sunshine Coast, Canada. They're built with precision by hand and pressure tested for quality before leaving our shop. Here's some other quick facts:
- They're priced in Canadian dollars
- Delivered across North America
- Heat in 2-4 hours depending on time of year and ambient water temperature
- They retain their heat for days at a time with just an armful of wood a day
- They can be filled with salt or fresh water
- Can be used with or without chemical water treatments
- Portable and lightweight
- Made for all season use. With 3 layers of insulating properties and a submerged firebox, your AlumiTub will easily reach high heat (104 is standard hot tubbing temperature, but it can easily go higher) in -50 degree weather
- They ship the day we assign to you at the time of your purchase, without delay. They'll arrive anywhere from 1-10 days later depending on where you're located.
Tip # 1: Think About Where You Plan To Soak
It's a good idea to have a plan for where you'll put your tub. Any flat spot will do, or you can check out our gallery to find inspiration from other AlumiTub hot tub owners! It doesn't matter if you want to soak at the off-grid cabin or your backyard — an AlumiTub is made to go where you do. Find out why our tubs are built for off-grid adventure here. When you're assessing your space, think about what size tub will fit best. Do you plan to build around the tub or create add-ons like towel racks or decking? If you’re bringing it to the cabin, it needs to be accessible by vehicle or boat to get it there? Is your space level? If not, you'll want to prepare for that so that you can soak from delivery day onwards. If you plan to put your tub on the deck, be sure it can hold the weight and that the chimney top will be at least 10ft away from any flammable structures.
Tip #2: Consider Size of Tub You Should Get
This depends on your space and how you plan to use your tub. Do you prefer a solo soak or to be social? The 4 to 5 person wood fired hot tub is 6ft in diameter and 38 inches deep, comfortably covering adult shoulders. The 5 to 8 person wood fired hot tub is 7ft in diameter and 38 inches deep.
Tip # 3: Reserve As Early As You Can
Secure the best purchase of your life (ok, maybe we're a little biased) with just a $500 deposit now. The remainder is owed the month before your tub is shipped. By reserving your tub you’ll secure the exact date it will ship, so there will be no surprises as to when it will arrive! You can also make payments while we're building your tub. Our production schedule fills up really quickly and we often have year plus lead times. Reserving your tub puts you next in the queue! We offer add-ons like the Drink Tray, Cedar Lid, Drain Kit and Firebox accessories to make your wood-fired hot tub experience the best it can be.
Tip #4: Mark Your Calendar and Prepare Your Space In the Meantime
We get it: you've made your deposit and now you're eagerly anticipating the day your tub will arrive. Our tubs are built to order, handcrafted on the Sunshine Coast of Canada, made with locally-sourced materials and will last a lifetime. We're thrilled so many people believe in the quality of our tubs too, but this has led to higher demand than what we can meet. The sooner you reserve your tub, the earlier you get it! In the meantime, check out our gallery for ideas and see how other customers use their tub! The time goes by fast and you'll be soaking before you know it.
Tip #5: Ask Away!
Yes! Drop us a line by email or on Instagram. Once you’re a customer with a tub on the way, you can join the AlumiTubs owner's group on Facebook for owner-tested answers, suggestions, tips, advice and more.
Tip # 6: Calculate Shipping Costs Beforehand
Free if you're on the Sunshine Coast. We also offer a free pickup spot in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia. If you're based in another province or country, send us your postal or zip code and we'll find you a rate from one of our shipping partners. Rates range from $200-$400 on average, and can be more depending on location. There's no markup on shipping, you’ll pay only what the carrier charges. We’ll help you calculate shipping costs upfront so there are no surprises when it comes time to receive your tub.
Tip #7: Plan For The Delivery of Your Tub
We ship hundreds of tubs each year across North America. You'll find an AlumiTubs wood-fired hot tub in upstate New York, the wilderness depths of the Yukon and everywhere in between. When it comes to your tub, we ship the day after it's built. In Canada, your tub will arrive 2-7 days later, and 5-10 days later if you're based in the US. If you're shipping to a remote property, factor in a few extra days.
If your tub is shipped to a depot, you'll need to pick it up with a standard size pickup truck or a trailer. The tub will be forklifted for you, and when you arrive at your destination it can be rolled off your truck with 2x6's with cleats. Check out this video to see how it ships and how to pick it up. The tubs are lightweight enough for 1-2 people to roll easily. It can be rolled onto a dock and into a boat, or directly into its place at your property. AlumiTubs are pre-assembled, so you'll be soaking in it the same day it arrives. Check out this video to see how to set up your AlumiTub wood fired hot tub.
Tip #8: Join The Owners Group, Follow Us on Social, and Read Our FAQs Page
Why choose AlumiTubs wood fired hot tubs:
- AlumiTubs wood fired hot tubs are portable, lightweight & pre-assembled, so you can soak in them the same day they arrive with less than an hour of simple set up required.
- They're durable and triple-insulated for all season use. Keeping the water hot is easy, even in extreme winter conditions.
- AlumiTubs can be filled with salt or fresh water, enjoyed with or without chemicals, and are easy to maintain.
- Our wood burning hot tubs are built to last a lifetime and guaranteed to never leak.
- Wood fired hot tubs are gentle on the environment and economical to operate.
- AlumiTubs are made from 100% recyclable, sustainably sourced, local materials.